Tuesday, August 21, 2018

~Auckland Vibes~


With my eldest, her partner and the Grandbabies in Auckland...It was inevitable that Auckland should come calling for me. The question is...do I heed this calling? With my elderly (Don't EVER tell her I called her that!) Mommie living up those ways as well...it is pretty clear that Auckland is to be the next stop off on my journey, I call life.
In the 10 months that my darlings have been up there, I have visited this city twice and with each visit the draw to Auckland became stronger. I didn't think that I would like it and its fast pace but it really has grown on me. I am intrigued by the City of Sails and am keen to explore more of this vibrant place.

To be honest there is only a couple things that will make me tear up and I will struggle with when the time comes to move on...leaving my youngest and his fiancé behind for now is the biggest one. It hurts my heart when I am separated from my babies, even if they are adults.
Also moving away again from my dearest friend of 17 years...me and her have been to hell and back at different stages of our lives and have always had each others back. Even as we speak, she is going through a rough patch, which is drawing us even closer together. But technology will help us fill in the time, in between visits.

Everything else...can be said goodbye too and I'll be fine with. Yes, I do believe that its time to move on. I have done it a few times now on my own...gosh I'm nearly a pro at it.
I look forward to the thrill of living in a new city, exploring new places, finding a new job, getting into my social groove, finding new haunts, meeting new people and making some new friends. I am so excited for these new adventures.
Seeing my grandbabies regularly and being able to be a 'physical' part of their everyday lives is a big draw card too.
Did I mention my eldest is working on Grandbaby Number 3 and he's due in November? Oh my gosh!! I just can't wait for his arrival.
One more reason for heading North, is my Mommie is getting older and frailer now and my plan is to get a place and have her move in with me so I can look after her when the time is right.

And who knows? Maybe Mister Right will be at this pit-stop in my journey.








No comments:

Post a Comment

Week 24's Positives and negatives.

This past week was my first week full week at work and it was AWESOME! Learnt so much and many different things. Also became a builders as...