Thursday, August 23, 2018

It has now been thrown to the wind.

I'm headed for the City of Sails. Auckland. The date has been set and I am in planning mode. I have about 6 months to get organized to move me, 2 cats and what I am taking with me. I plan on at least one more visit...for the birth of my 3rd grandchild in November and possibly at wee sneaky one at the end of January.

LET THE PLANNING BEGIN - TASK FOR THIS WEEK

  • Start with making a list of all the things that I own...furniture, kitchenware, linen, bedroom stuff, etc.
So over the course of the last 3 years, when I moved from Southland to Dunedin...I had to downsize from 3 bedroom house to a one bedroom flat. And again earlier this year, I downsized when I moved from the one bedroom flat into my son and partners home. They were already set up so I only bought my bedroom suite, some linen and towels, some kitchenware and my own personal stuff. 
Son, partner and I teamed up for a year for financial reasons and after that, I was going to head on my next adventure, what ever they may have been.  I didn't know at that stage of the game plan, that Auckland was on the cards yet. I had been thinking about Australia for a year...stay with my brother on the Gold Coast and experience what that part of Australia had to offer me. Apparently that journey is not going to happen yet. 

  • Once that list has been written...start a time line for downsizing
  • What I want to take with me.
  • What I will buy once I'm up there.
When I move to Auckland...I will be living with my first born, partner and grandbabies. When the lease for their current house finishes we will be moving into a bigger house. There are so many choices in Auckland of styles of houses for extended and or larger families. I am sure we will find one that suits. 
So yes, after much thought and deliberation, conversations, coffee, chocolate and tears (and the odd cream cake)...Auckland here I come!!! Let this journey begin.


No comments:

Post a Comment

Week 24's Positives and negatives.

This past week was my first week full week at work and it was AWESOME! Learnt so much and many different things. Also became a builders as...