Sunday, June 16, 2019

Week 24's Positives and negatives.

This past week was my first week full week at work and it was AWESOME! Learnt so much and many different things. Also became a builders assistant for a whole 90mins...don't know much about building but I did really well at holding things and passing things...also correctly identified the corrected tools for passing lol good times.

I have however realized that I don't have the right amount of socks and work pants to wear for my rostered shifts...so that means pretty much means that I have to go shopping on payday! Any excuse to shop I say.

It has been a good week for the spirit as well. Just feeling the wheels set in motion for the next steps in my journey, brightens my mood and lifts my soul. And yes I know that it subject to change but all I can do is just keep moving forward like its happening in the timeframe I have given it.

Books I've Read this week

Only the one this week and it was a 466 page novel. With 11 hour days happening (time I leave home till time I am back home) I am not able to get as much reading done as I would like. I can only get a few pages read during a work day now. So this would be the only negative about working...not enough reading time lol.
Anyway the book was Come Sundown by Nora Roberts.

Love. Lies. Murder. A lot can happen... COME SUNDOWN
Bodine Longbow loves to rise with the dawn. As the manager of her family's resort in Western Montana, there just aren't enough hours in the day - for life, for work, for loved ones. She certainly doesn't have time for love, not even in the gorgeous shape of her childhood crush Callen Skinner, all grown up and returned to the ranch. Then again, maybe Callen can change her mind, given time...
But when a young woman's body is discovered on resort land, everything changes. Callen falls under the suspicion of a deputy sheriff with a grudge. And for Bodine's family, the murder is a shocking reminder of an old loss. Twenty-five years ago, Bodine's Aunt Alice vanished, never to be heard of again. Could this new tragedy be connected to Alice's mysterious disappearance?

As events take a dramatic and deadly turn, Bodine and Callen must race to uncover the truth - before the sun sets on their future together.

Nora Roberts is one of my favourite go to authors, I enjoy her books and get carried away and lost in them...this one for me was a great read. This was one of her books with sensitive reading material.

I have also been skimming through some old recipe books I found at work...you know the ones that schools and clubs and country woman's clubs etc used to put together for fundraisers??
I was flicking through them and I was thinking about on my next leg of my journey...how I wanna be more self-sufficient and less wasteful, I want to grow my own veges to eat and pass along and it got me to thinking about making my own preserves, pickles and chutneys etc and these books are just perfect with there old school recipes. There is something satisfying about eating something you have made and being able to share your stock.

Yes more plans for the next leg of my journey. Always thinking about but at the same time not enjoying the moment. 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Week 24's Positives and negatives.

This past week was my first week full week at work and it was AWESOME! Learnt so much and many different things. Also became a builders as...